Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (Standard Security Life) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Independence Holding Company, (NYSE:IHC) with principal interests in the life and health insurance business. Also in The IHC Group are Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company. The IHC Group has consolidated assets of more than one billion dollars, as of June 2010.
Standard Security Life was founded in 1958, is domiciled in the State of New York, and is headquartered in New York City. It is licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Standard Security Life is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc.
Standard Security Life provides various lines of life, health and disability insurance, including:
- Disability Benefit Law (DBL), a short-term statutory disability product required for most employers in the State of New York
- Small Group Major Medical (2-50 lives)
- Individual and Group Dental and Vision
- Individual accident and health insurance
- Group term life
- Specialty programs designed for Volunteer Emergency Service Personnel including group life insurance and service awards programs
- Short-term medical
For information about the company or a particular business unit, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org).